a baker's dozen ...
things you may never thought to have asked me …
1. I can write with either hand forwards, backwards, upside down and one other way I don’t quite know how to describe.
2. I’ve been a professional oral storyteller for 16 years.
3. Love telling and working with folk and fairy tales as well as personal and original stories.
4. I find it fascinating that we each have a unique way of understanding and sharing story.
5. I enjoyed thirteen years as a teaching artist in Wolf Trap Early Learning Through The Arts – a professional development program for teachers, the arts and an education program for children – where I learned a lot about movement, storytelling and music.
6. My eyes are two different colors.
7. I don’t think any words are off limits to say, as long as they are not hurled to hurt another.
8. I believe there ought to be more typos, typos allowed in this world.
9. Play is not just for children – play is a basic human need.
10. Story can be used as a tool to connect or disconnect – that’s important to remember.
11. “bill,” the imaginary beagle that sometimes travels and visits with me, gave birth to two sons – both greyhounds.
12. I believe story has no power – people have power.
13. I just love the book, The Oldest Living Things In the World, by Rachel Sussman. This book inspires such wonder! To see some images, click here.